Updated: Jul 21
Monday 25th July - Friday 26th August 2022
Hi Super Parent!
We absolutely can't wait for Monday's start! We have 198 different children joining us across the summer! 85% are existing families. If you are new to us, we are looking forward to meeting you. Whether you are with us in week 1, or week 5, you can find out all of the information you need to get prepared for a summer of fun with us!
So grab a cuppa, and have a 5minute read so you can relax for the rest of the weekend 🙂 Click the list below to be taken to that specific information:
🎒WHAT TO BRING 🎒
Please put your Superstars names in everything they bring to camp! We get a lot of lost property 🤣
• Two pairs of trainers/playing shoes and socks (in case one pair gets muddy and wet)
• Swimming kit (see the swimming section here)
• A change of clothes (in case they get muddy and wet)
• A coat / waterproof jacket IS A MUST
• Medical devices if necessary, with a permission
🍱 LUNCH AND SNACKS 🍱
Every child will need some sort of food for the day, whether you are doing half days or full days. If you are doing full days, you will need a packed lunch as well as snacks.
• Snack Break takes place around 10.30am
• Lunch takes place at 12.15pm
• Please ensure there are NO NUTS or FIZZY DRINKS in your Superstars lunch box (due to allergies, and fizzy drinks send the children bonkers 🤣 )
🏡 WHERE TO FIND US 🏡
Follow our big yellow Superstar Campz flags all the way around the front of Thomas More School, and it will lead you to Margaret Roper Catholic Primary School, front entrance.
⏰ START AND FINISH TIMES ⏰
• Complimentary drop off for all full day children is from 8.30am
• Collection for 1/2 day morning children is 12.15pm and for full day children it is 4pm
• Extended day children can stay with us no later than 5.30pm
⏰ LATE COLLECTION POLICY ⏰
We operate a very strict collection policy.
Hold ups do of course happen and we are mindful of this, however the following rules apply. All children must be picked up by the time they are booked for e.g. 12.15pm for tots day, 4pm for normal day and 5.30pm for extended day.
4PM COLLECTION If your child is booked in with us until 4pm, please arrive promptly to collect them. Should you be any later than 10 minutes to collect, you will be charged a late pick up fee of £5 for up to every 15 minutes you are late. You do of course have the option if you know you are going to be late to extend to 5.30pm collection on the day for £6. We can do this for you at our end if you let us know.
5.30PM COLLECTION If your child is booked in with us until 5.30pm, please arrive promptly to collect them. Should you be any later than 5.30 to collect, you will be charged a late pick up fee of £20 for up to every 15 minutes you are late. This is to cover the cost of our staff members staying with your child and any additional venue hire costs we incur. For example if you arrive at 5.45pm you would be charged £20, if you are later than this up to it would be £40.
Please Note: If you have not collected your child by 6pm and we cannot get hold of you or any emergency contacts you have provided, we will call social services and take their advice.
📝SIGN IN 📝
• Our doors will open at 8.30 am to ensure and we will have two sign in desks to make it as speedy as possible.
• You will need to provide any names who have permission to collect your child, plus photography and first aid permission
❌SIGN OUT ❌
• Sign out takes place on the playground. Ask a Campz member of staff which classroom to collect your Superstar from
• When you sign in your Superstar, we will ask who has permission to collect your child and keep a note of their name on our sign out sheet
• We will only ever allow your Superstar to go with one of these names, and if the name isn't on the list, we will call you to get more information and permission before releasing your Superstar
🎾ACTIVITIES DURING SUMMER ⚽️
There are so many sports activities that we enjoy during our weeks. Each morning, when you arrive, you will see the whiteboard with our daily activities taking place. These include laser tag (on Fridays) football, multi-sports, sports competitions, swimming, gymnastics (Monday and Fridays), bouncy castle and so much more!
☔️WET WEATHER ☔️
We will be getting the children out to play as much as possible (not in torrential rain or dangerous weather of course), so please DO NOT send your child to camp without a waterproof jacket. We do have some indoor space such as classrooms and school hall for play too but this is very limited space.
🏊♀️ SWIMMING 🏊♂️
We are swimming (for ages 5+) between 1.30-4pm. See below for important info:
• Youngest group swim first, and oldest group swim last, so if your child is in the older group, please arrive to collect them from Camp at 4.15pm
• We will ask each morning if your Superstar wishes to swim
• Superstars do not have to swim if they do not wish to but we will strongly encourage it as its tonnes of fun!
• All swimmers will need their own towel, SWIM CAP, and armbands if necessary.
• This is an organised and structured activity led by our swim teacher Denis and even if your child cannot swim he will help them 🙂 Our group leaders (female and male) will assist with changing if required.
🧠🗣 BEHAVIOUR POLICY 🧠🗣
99% of the time the behaviour from all of our Superstars in attendance is brilliant. On the odd occasion, we do have to deal with bad / negative behaviour. However, we always deal with this in a positive way to help our Superstars learn from their mistakes and they leave with an understanding of how to do better next time. This is part of our behaviour policy at Campz. Part of our policy is to work with you, the parent, in the event of persistent bad behaviour. As a last resort, we do reserve the right to suspend, and/or cancel future bookings with us if a child's behaviour does not improve.
We are very mindful that lockdown has had a huge impact on the children and socialising respectfully with others is going to take some time. Please could you have a small chat with your Superstar regarding Camp behaviour expectations prior to the week starting? We always have a camp intro at 9.15 am with all of the children to reinforce our rules and expectations.
To check out our behaviour policy, please visit: https://www.superstarcampz.co.uk/termsandconditions You can also request a detailed copy of our behaviour policy should you wish to.
🍕 DOMINOS PIZZA PARTY, KRUNK BURGER DAY 🍕
From time to time, we buy Dominos pizza for the entire camp, or Krunk burger meals.
We will confirm with you when this will be, and we are planning for two days of this across the summer.
It's our way of saying thanks to the children for being awesome, and to you for being supporters of us (and because we love food 😁).
We will ask all children at sign in with their parent what their favourite is, and if there are any allergies or dietary requirements.
🤝CHILDREN WITH ADDITIONAL NEEDS 🤝
It is the responsibility of the parent/carer to inform us of any medical conditions and special educational needs or disabilities, when making their booking so we can discuss how best to accommodate the child, and consider whether any reasonable adjustments can be made to ensure they are able to fully participate and enjoy the activities on camp within the staffing ratios provided for their age group. Whilst we are unable to offer one-to-one support, we will always discuss this personally with the parent/carer.
The needs of each child vary so decisions are made on a case-by-case basis and depend upon the level of support each individual child may require. We are not able to provide additional staff to support a child above our standard ratios, irrespective of any specific needs or medical conditions. Where we feel that a child is not coping within these ratios and our camps days, we reserve the right to ask the parent/carer to come and collect their child.
If you need to discuss anything that you have not already, please do so before Campz starts on Monday by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We can't wait to see all of you from next week onwards! Any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch!
Ashley, Andrea & The Superstar Campz Team 💙💛